Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Sexercise is my new favourite term and one that I hope to get on board with in 2009. According to Elle Canada (click on title above for link), an article in The Economist declared "sleep the new sex" in 2008. I'd like to declare regularly occuring sex as the new sex for 2009. According to the magazine author (don't know who this person is, but they are very smart!), having sex can keep us "fit and stress free". Sounds good to me. The article maintains that "(Even without an orgasm)" ...come on now... "sexual activity releases sex hormones that have beneficial effects on our immune, cardiovascular and neurological systems." Below are the 5 reasons why we should all be seeking regularly occuring sex:
* SEXERCISE - According to a study in the UK (those shagging bastards) "those who had regular sex were in better physical shape than those whose lovemaking sessions were more sporadic." We can also build buff bods through sex. "Depending on your position, it can add muscular training and conditioning as well as core stability from maintaining positions." My personal trainer has just lost his job.
* HAPPY HOUR - People who have regular sex are in better moods. Anyone who has known me for the past few years should take this as my excuse for being b*tchier than usual - sorry about that, but obviously I was a victim of my sexual circumstance. While getting it on, "Endorphins are produced in the brain and make you feel happy -- almost giddy." My pharmacist has just lost his job.
* FIRST AID - Apparently, "During intercourse, two chemicals are released in the body: endorphins and oxytocin; together, they act as a powerful opiate. Studies have shown that sex increases your pain threshold for [ailments such as] migraines and even menstrual cramps." My recreational drug dealer has just lost his job.
* BIG CHILL - Having the big one can help rid the signs of stress. "Sex can help lower your blood pressure when you're reacting to stressful situations." Perfect - I no longer need to go to National Chain Bookseller to get that book on coping skills and my therapist has now lost his job.
* FOREVER YOUNG - Perhaps most importantly of all, having sex can reduce the ugly signs of aging. According to a study, "couples who had sex at least three times a week looked at least 10 years younger than those who had sex twice a week." My plastic surgeon has just lost his job.
Let's get it on!