Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Hangover


I haven't had one this bad since the morning after my brother's wedding... This one, like the last, was well-earned.

Last night, I had my best friends over for a housewarming party. It has been almost 3 months since I moved into my new place. Although it did not work out as expected, it is still a fabulous condo and I feel very lucky to live here. This is the place where my friends and family rallied around me when my fiance left. This is the place that has kept me safe through the tears and the sadness. This is the place where I am starting to have more laughs than tears now. This is the place that I enjoy waking up in every morning and coming home to every night. This is the place that housed my fabulous friends last night and has seen much more love in the past few weeks than I ever imagined.

Given the amount of drinking that has been going on in here lately (and, most certainly, last night...), I can still tell people that I'm living in sin in a church (I do love that!). My 2 person condo was a 22 person condo last night and it was fabulous. It is fabulous. I vow not to wake up again in the state that I did this morning (so unholy), however I also vow to continue to wake up happy and hopeful in my cherished church. How divine!

No comments: