Monday, November 10, 2008

The Right Hand Ring


Please excuse me, I'm barfing.........
The concept of the right hand ring drives me crazy and has since I first heard of it a few years ago. I understand, as a tragic spinster, that I occasionally have to buy myself a drink when I go to a bar (well, more than just occasionally and usually in multiples of 6...), but to have to buy myself a diamond??? I don't think so!
What kind of world are we living in where women now have to buy themselves diamond rings? I find this offensive, not to mention depressing and nauseating.
I am a super-consumer and love to shop. I have bought myself many things, including shoes, sandals, boots, booties, mass amounts of clothes, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, vacations, nights out with the girls at swanky bars, a car and even a bloody condo. The one thing I REFUSE to buy myself is a diamond ring. Is nothing sacred? Is it possible that I will lose faith that someone out there (male, older than me, tall, dark, handsome and gainfully employed if possible...) will one day buy me a ring? I hate to think that might happen.
In case of that eventuality, I can assure you that the finger shown in the picture above is exactly the digit that will sport the right hand ring!

No comments: