Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Story Of My Life


You’re riveted – I know. As passed on by blogger Carly Findlay (click on title for link to her blog), here is my meme (gotta love any request that has the word “me” in it twice!):

But wait – what’s a meme?
In the context of web logs / ‘blogs / blogging and other kinds of personal web sites it’s some kind of list of questions that you saw somewhere else and you decided to answer the questions. Then someone else sees them and does them and so on and so on.
~ This is according to The Daily Meme (they should know)

Here’s mine:

What experience most shaped you and how?
Being diagnosed with a chronic illness at the age of 10. I don’t discuss it on this blog, as it doesn’t have much to do with dating, mating and relationships, but it forced me to take responsibility for myself at a young age. I had to be more mature than my friends and it taught me the value of life. It shaped me more than anything I’ve ever experienced, and I’ve been around the block a few times…

What would you do with a whole day of no commitments?
Nothing. I crave doing nothing. There’s just always something…

What food and drink would you never give up?
food: chocolate
drink: champagne

Give me a savoury recipe that doesn’t include cheese
Just remember – you asked me!!! This recipe comes from The Barefoot Contessa and I’ve never met anyone who didn’t like it:
Roasted Asparagus
Snap bottoms off asparagus
Place spears on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam or such the like
Cover in good olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Bake in hot oven (425 F) for 20 – 25 mins
(you could finish it off with cheese, but trust me, it’s not necessary)

If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?
Fiji – it looks like paradise and I’d like to see if it actually is.

If you were the leader of your country, what would you do?
I would not increase taxes without increasing services.
I would stop taxing the savings of hard working people who are already paying income tax.
I would not charge land transfer tax on condos, which are built up. How is it possible to charge land transfer on a piece of sky? I would not be sh*tty like that.

If you could spend one day in another person’s body, whose would it be?
Is this a trick question? Come on… Obviously, I would be Ricky Gervais.

Which woman author do you admire and why?
Obviously, I admire Helen Fielding, who wrote the story of my life. I also admire Margaret Mitchell, a Pulitzer Prize winner, who wrote my favourite book, Gone With The Wind. I cried when I finished it. It was a perfectly detailed, thoroughly researched and totally gripping read. She was an incredibly talented author who died tragically before her time.

Passing the meme to:
The Uneasy Writer
Scandalous Housewife
Fin

No comments: