Sunday, September 19, 2010

In Sickness and in Health: Take 2


Take 2 to the emergency room, that is. At midnight. On date night. During a lovely dinner party hosted by a fabulous foodie and her merry mates. Let's just say that G Spot and I will not be entering our names into the draw for the Healthy Couples contest this year.

While at the hospital for the 2nd time in as many months (well, actually, it was my 3rd time in 2 months as I'd had my own problem, but I don't mean to brag...), I had time to think. A lot. The doctors were doctoring, the sick were sickening and I was overanalyzing. Whatever.

During the whole ordeal, and in between bouts of vomiting and wretching, G Spot felt badly that I wasn't enjoying my evening and urged me to go home and get some rest. Did he really think I would? I couldn't even imagine leaving him there alone. Gagging. Regurgitating. Unable to swallow water... What part of a happy couple (or an unhappy couple, for that matter) would willingly walk away? It's hard to walk out of a room when your heart is still in it.

Thankfully, all the heaving, hurling and spewing was worth it. Any further health disorder was averted and we were relased back into the night. Still, I wondered, are women more devoted in these circumstances than men? Would men go home to get some rest if their partner told them to? And would they actually be able to have a good sleep?? Would they even realize that if they leave their partner in the ER, there will be no nookie the next day???!!!

2 comments:

Quill and Greyson said...

Hubby would never leave me in the emergency room but he did actually take me at my word... once... when I said he didn't need to accompany me for a medical test. He later learned that my saying he didn't need to come was a desperate plea on my part for him to say, No way I'm coming no matter what you say.

And that is why we have been together 24 years. :-)

You and G-Spot are on the right track!!

Meg

Anonymous said...

In Nigeria.....YES! to all your questions...women are the stronger sex psychologically while men are physically.