Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Couple That Drinks Together Stays Together?


Excellent!

I recently came across a timely article, published by Cosmopolitan magazine (thank you, lovelies), that extolls the virtues of couples who drink together. According to a study conducted at the University of Buffalo (and no, there was no mention of the variable of daily consumption of chicken wings and that effect on relationships...) , having a drink a day with your boyfriend will help to keep relationship problems at bay.

The raging alcoholic researchers found that: 'couples who have a cocktail or two (or even three) together reported feeling "increased intimacy and decreased relationship problems the next day" as compared to boyfriends and girlfriends who drink apart or don't drink at all.' Fabulous!

This is very exciting news for me. I have always been a firm believer in drinking with my partners (friends and lovers). Although that has obviously not been the key to success in my previous relationships, I vow from today onwards to maintain this practice in all future relationships until I get it right.

Cheers!

2 comments:

mindes said...

I'm with you on that, let's have a drink.

Carrie Blogshaw said...

Cheers, Mindes!