Sunday, October 2, 2011

Decisions, Decisions...


I have no choice other than to quote The Lovin Spoonful:

"Did you ever have to make up your mind? And say yes to one and let the other one ride. Did you ever have to make up your mind? You pick up on one and leave the other one behind. Did you ever have to finally decide?"

So, this is where I'm at. After being back on the scene a short while, I have met a guy who's definitely dreamy. We have gone on a few dates, so it's still early days, but I am interested to see what will happen. Sounds great, right?! Are you thinking there must be a catch? Well, of course there is. I had noticed that another suitor was becoming increasingly interested. When out the other night, he revealed his crazy crush. This crushed me. Why now? Where was he one month ago, before I'd met the other guy? Where had he been 4 years ago when he had the chance? Both guys have great qualities and are fun to hang out with. Why are they here at once? Where were they during the many months of solitary singledom I had to endure over the past few years?? Why am I so confused???

Being that it's early days, anything could happen that might cause one to be the front-runner over the other. One could drop out of the race (how gay would he be?!). One could reveal baggage that might send me running for the hills. One could reveal his psycho side and send me running for the pills...

I know that multiple dating is a common occurrance. I think it's great that people can juggle many suitors. I, however, prefer to focus on one person. What if dating gets more and more serious? I don't like the thought of kissing more than one guy at a time. I don't like the thought of having to learn the life stories of more than one person at a time. What if I end up confusing Dude 1's stories with Dude 2's?! I'm not sure how far people are taking multiple dating these days, but I would certainly not be able to sleep with 2 dudes at once. Well, you know what I mean. Ew.

Is this my fault? During my unpleasant period of unemployment this summer, I asked the universe for abundance. Um, universe, I meant in terms of career options! Abundance, as it relates to sexy single men, is fine with me. However, I like it to be sequential or successive, not prompt and plentiful!

No comments: